Thursday, December 13, 2012

Irish Colcannon (Mashed potatoes with cabbage) Recipe

Posted by cutiefasha at 1:10 AM


Yesterday, we get to experience another special date (12/12/12). I make something special to celebrate my "pre" post-exam cooking. As my next exam will be in a week or so, I decided to take a day off from studying, and cooked something nice for my housemates :)

I made a Grilled Salmon with Irish Colcannon on side. It is just a fancy way to name a mashed potatoes with chopped cabbage, onions, and chives. But as I googling the recipe, it turns out it is an Irish-style cooking, and voila! Here are the picture:



The easy-peasy recipe:

1) Boiled potatoes (I used Yukon gold) in lightly salted water, drain when done
2) Chopped onions, some cabbages, and boiled in hot water for until half cook/tender. It is important not to overcook because cabbage tends to get chewy when well-done
3) Drain cabbage mixture and mix well with potatoes.
4) Mashed potatoes, cabbage mixture.
5) Add some garlic cream cheese (optional) and butter
6) Add some milk if you desire the more creamy mixture (I omit this)
7) Seasons with salt, pepper, and cayenne to taste.
8) Voila! Serves with any proteins you like. I did mine with grilled salmon :)

Enjoy :)

0 comments:

LinkWithin

 

♬ ♪♪ Deeper Conversation ♬ ♪♪ Template by Ipietoon Blogger Template | Gadget Review